For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is R&A Championships Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.
We may collect the following personal and non-personal information from you in connection with the Websites:
- We collect personal information from you if you sign up to receive our newsletter. We also collect personal information about people who provide feedback in relation to the Websites.
- We collect personal information that you provide in relation to any Website user account you may hold with us, transactions you carry out through either of the Websites, including ticket sales for The Open, and the fulfilment of your orders.
- We use software that collects personal information that you provide in relation to inquiries, orders or transactions that you start on either of the Websites but which you then abandon or do not complete, i.e. the data is captured regardless of whether you click “next” or “submit” on the relevant page.
- We also collect certain non-personal information when you visit and use either of the Websites. For example, we may collect and store your IP address, reference site domain name, and demographic information. We also may collect information including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and usage while on either of the Websites. We will only collect such data in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified).
- We collect personal information from you if you complete and submit the Player Information Form on the WAGR section of www.randa.org.
The above information may be used by us solely as set out in the paragraph “Use of Personal Information” below.
We would like to make you aware that cookies may be used on the Websites. Please refer to our policy on cookies which can be accessed here.
Use of personal information
We use information we collect about you for providing you with services that you request from us or information which we feel may interest you, if you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes. We also use information in