For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is R&A Championships Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.
We may collect the following personal and non-personal information from you in connection with the Website:
- We collect personal information from you if you sign up to receive our newsletter.
- We collect personal information about people who provide feedback in relation to the Website.
- We collect personal information that you provide in relation to any Website user account you may hold with us.
- We collect personal information (such as your name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address and credit/debit card number) that you provide in relation to any inquiry, order or transaction you carry out through the Website.
- We use software that collects personal information that you provide in relation to inquiries, orders or transactions that you start on the Website but which you then abandon or do not complete, i.e. the data is captured regardless of whether you click “next” or “submit” on the relevant page.
- We also collect certain non-personal information when you visit and use the Website. For example, we may collect and store your IP address, reference site domain name, and demographic information. We also may collect information including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and usage while on the Website. We will only collect such data in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified).
The above information may be used by us solely as set out in the paragraph “Use of Personal Information” below.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our Website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Please be aware that cookies are used on the Website. Please refer to our policy on cookies which can be accessed here.
Use of personal information
We use information we collect about you for providing you with goods and/or services that you request from us. We may use information we collect about you for providing you with information which we feel may interest you, if you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes. We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified) for statistical analysis.
We may also use information we collect about you in order to contact you by email in relation to any inquiry, order or transaction that you start on the Website but which you then abandon or do not complete. Such contact will be for the purpose of determining whether we can offer any assistance to help you complete the inquiry, order or transaction, or if we can provide alternative goods and services that may be of greater interest to you. We will not store your credit card number or financial details for this purpose.
We will not otherwise disclose personal information about you to any third party unless required to do so by law.
Linking to other websites
Updating account information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of this personal information please email or write to us at the address set out below. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We fully co-operate with the police in identifying those who use our service for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to the police any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful.
How to contact us
- by email at WebMaster@randa.org; or
- write to us at R&A Championships Limited, Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.