Walker Cup Ticket Terms and Conditions
These Ticket Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions that apply between (i) you as a purchaser of tickets for the 47th Walker Cup in 2019 at Royal Liverpool Golf Club (the "Walker Cup") and, where you are not the purchaser of tickets for the Walker Cup, to you as a holder of a ticket for the Walker Cup (referred to as "you" or "your") and (ii) us, R&A Championships Limited a company registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA ("The R&A", "we" or "us").
SECTION 1: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
A. Buying Tickets
- Subject always to availability, tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
- At the entry gate of the Walker Cup on such days of the Walker Cup as we may allow ("In Person Sales");
- On our website tickets.walkercup.org ("Internet Sales");
- By telephone (see paragraph H.6 below for contact details) ("Telephone Sales"); or
- By mail order (see paragraph H.6 below for contact details) ("Mail Order Sales").
- We offer three categories of ticket based on age. These categories and the eligibility requirements for these tickets are as follows:
25 years of age or over on 6 September 2019
Youth (16-24 years)
The ticket holder must be under 25 years of age on 6 September 2019
"Kids Go Free" Junior (under 16 years).
The ticket holder must be under 16 years of age on 6 September 2019
Adult and Youth Tickets
The maximum number of Adult and/or Youth tickets that can be purchased by you (regardless of the method of purchase) is 4 per day. For example, you may order 4 tickets for Saturday and 4 tickets for Sunday in a single transaction.
- [The maximum number of Weekend or any other multi-day tickets that can be purchased by you (regardless of the method of purchase) is 4.]
- Requests for more than the above stated maximum number of tickets can be made by contacting the Walker Cup Ticket Office on +44 (0)1334 460010 or Tickets@Randa.org.
"Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets
- Children under 16 years of age on 6 September 2019 cannot attend the Walker Cup unless accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)). Children under 16 years of age on the above date must have a "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket.
- Requests for pre-booked "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets can be made in advance by contacting the Walker Cup Ticket Office on +44 (0)1334 460010 or Tickets@Randa.org. Requests for "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets can also be made online, but please be aware that this will be subject to a maximum of 2 per accompanying adult. All requests for "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets must be submitted by a responsible adult who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)) or is purchasing such a ticket at the same time as requesting the "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket. That adult must accompany the Junior while in attendance at the Walker Cup.
- A Junior who arrives at the Walker Cup without a pre-booked "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket, but who is accompanied by a responsible adult who holds or purchases a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)), will be admitted free of charge on the day provided that (i) tickets for that day of the Walker Cup have not sold out, and (ii) the "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket is collected from the Ticket Sales and Collection point at the Walker Cup.
- For In Person Sales, tickets can only be purchased for individuals who are present at the time of purchase.
- Your purchase of tickets will be completed when we deliver the tickets to you. This may be by email, post or in person (for example, by handing you your tickets at the entry gate).
- The R&A reserves the right to choose to accept or reject your order whether for all or any number of the tickets requested. In the case of an order being rejected in whole or in our part, you will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable. Except in relation to In Person Sales, such notification may not be received until we have had an opportunity to complete all pre-despatch ticket checks. Our failure to notify you of the rejection of your order in whole or in part does not mean that your order has been accepted.
- The R&A will accept no responsibility for, or offer any refunds for, loss arising as a result of any incorrect information provided by you at the time of purchase, unless this is due to our error.
- If tickets ordered by you become unavailable for any reason then you will be informed of this by The R&A. The R&A reserves the right to complete the transaction by issuing part of the total order, or to cancel it completely. In either event, you will be refunded for any ticket(s) ordered but not received and this will be the only liability that we have to you.
Cancellation of your order
- If, after you have placed your order, you wish to withdraw or cancel your order then you should inform us as soon as possible after your purchase. We may at our sole discretion provide a refund to you for up to 4 tickets providing you have informed us of your desire to cancel tickets which you have purchased by no later than 31 August 2019. You will not be entitled to cancel your order or be entitled to a refund after 31 August 2019. If you withdraw or cancel your order within these timeframes, we shall reimburse the payment made by you within 30 days of receiving: (i) your notification that you wish to cancel your order, and (ii) where ticket(s) have been despatched to you, the unused ticket(s). Return of the ticket(s) to us is at your own cost and you will be responsible for the returned ticket(s) during transit.
Ticket Refunds for Suspended Play or Cancellation
- Daily tickets: If play on the day(s) to which your Daily ticket relates (including here any Daily Car Park ticket) is suspended, you shall be entitled to a refund of the cost of the ticket(s) (excluding any postage or packaging) based on the following criteria:-
Total Hours Course Available for Play
=100% refund in respect of that day's ticket cost
less than 5 hours
=50% refund in respect of that day's ticket cost
If the course is open and available for play for 5 hours or more on a day, no refund shall be due in respect of that day. In calculating the number of hours the course is open and available for play on a particular day, each day will be considered to have commenced when play begins that day, and will end when play finishes for the day.
- Refunds due to cancellation or suspension of play do not apply to [Weekend tickets or any other multi-day tickets or for Reserved Car Parking passes.]
- For the purpose of calculating refunds under paragraphs B.15 above, the number of hours the course is open and available for play will be timed by The R&A Rules Department and its decision on timings shall be final. Information on this decision will be put on the Walker Cup website (www.randa.org). This right of refund for cancellation of play lasts for four months after the Walker Cup has ended.
- In the event of cancellation of the Walker Cup prior to its commencement, you will be entitled to a full refund for the cost of your ticket(s) (excluding the cost of any postage or packaging).
- You have no rights in the event of cancellation of the Walker Cup or suspension of play other than a refund for the ticket (excluding the cost of any postage or packaging) calculated in accordance with paragraphs B.15 or payable pursuant to paragraph B.18. If you purchase a Daily ticket for play on a Sunday, this does not guarantee that Sunday's play will be the final round of the Walker Cup.
- Where you are requesting a refund due to cancellation or suspension of play, please email us at Tickets@Randa.org and provide your full name, email address, contact address, contact telephone number and attach a scanned copy of your ticket(s) (and Car Parking ticket if applicable) as proof of purchase. Alternatively, you can write to The R&A at the address given at paragraph I.6 below, enclosing the above details and your original ticket(s) (and Car Parking Ticket if applicable) as proof of purchase. Return of the ticket(s) to us is at your own cost and you will be responsible for the returned ticket(s) during transit. Please note that any tickets bought through authorised agents, must be returned to the agent, rather than to The R&A.
- The R&A shall retain ownership of all tickets issued to you under these terms and conditions, and your tickets may be recalled by The R&A at any time. Where such a recall takes place, The R&A will issue a full refund to you or provide replacement tickets.
- Prices quoted are in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of applicable VAT (VAT Registration Number: 827 8424 04), but exclusive of any postage or packaging.
- For In Person Sales, payment in full must be made at the time you order the tickets in accordance with paragraph C.4 below.
- For Internet Sales, Telephone Sales and Mail Order Sales, payment in full must be made prior to despatch of the ticket(s) in accordance with paragraph C.4 below.
- We will process an order where payment is made using MasterCard® or Visa®. We will also accept cash payments for In Person Sales. If your payment is rejected, then we will notify you and your order will not be fulfilled and we have the discretion not to fulfil or process any other order received from you.
SECTION 2: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
D. Our Liability to You
- If we are in breach of these terms and conditions, we will not be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result, unless the losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or where it could be contemplated by you and us at the time you purchased your tickets.
- The R&A will not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any loss or damage to property incurred at the Walker Cup, unless the loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit any rights you may have which are not capable of being lawfully excluded or limited, nor shall these terms and conditions exclude or restrict our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or breach of duty.
E. Your Safety
1. Whilst The R&A is committed to ensuring that proper safety precautions are in place to try to prevent injury to spectators, you acknowledge the risk of injury whilst attending the Walker Cup, despite such precautions being taken, including being struck by a golf ball, and you agree that you are assuming all risk and danger arising from your attendance at the Walker Cup. The R&A will not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any injury, loss or damage suffered by you at the Walker Cup unless this injury, loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty. You should therefore be alert at all times to the golf being played in your vicinity including the direction of play, any instructions from marshals (e.g. flags advising of the direction in which a player's shot has been struck) and any warnings issued on the course (e.g. a warning shout of "Fore") to try to prevent injury to you.
2. You must at all times follow the instructions of the Walker Cup officials, marshals and/or security personnel.
F. Use of Tickets
- A ticket shall become void and you shall have no right to attend the Walker Cup nor be entitled to a refund or any compensation where in the reasonable opinion of The R&A your ticket:-
- is to be or has been used in an unauthorised manner as a prize or in any other manner in a lottery or competition or for any other promotional, advertising or commercial purpose not specifically authorised by The R&A in writing;
- is to be or has been sold, donated, transferred or in any way disposed of to any person/entity for the purpose of commercial gain or is to be or has been sold at a higher price than its face value;
- has been purchased or obtained from a person/entity who is not an authorised agent;
- is advertised for sale or transfer; or
- has been purchased in conjunction with any other goods or services, e.g. hospitality package or travel, which have not been authorised by The R&A.
- Unless The R&A has agreed otherwise in writing, any transfer or purported transfer of any ticket by you in any manner set out in paragraph F.1 above shall constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- Please do not post pictures of your ticket on social networking sites. People may use the details and offer them for sale online to defraud/attempt to defraud third parties into buying them. This may result in ticket holders encountering difficulties when visiting the Walker Cup.
- If we reasonably believe that you have been involved in fraudulent activity relating to your ticket(s), we may pass your details to the police or other relevant authority.
G. Attendance at the Walker Cup
- Mobile phones and personal cameras are permitted at the Walker Cup, subject to the following conditions:
- no still photography of play is permitted on Championship days. Personal cameras (including cameras in mobile phones and other devices) may only be used on practice days. No professional cameras or video cameras or any photographic equipment used for commercial purposes will be permitted at the Walker Cup;
- No audio or video capture is permitted at any time;
- All mobile phones must be on "SILENT" mode at all times without the "VIBRATE" option activated. Calls must be placed or received in approved designated areas, referred to as "Mobile Device Zones"; and
- Data use (e.g. texting, email and website access) is permitted, however, the device volume must be muted at all times. Mobile phones, cameras, other electronic devices, communication devices, audio-visual equipment or radios must not be used to capture, supply or transmit data or other information for any commercial purpose (including, for example, betting or gambling) or assisting for these purposes.
Rules governing the use of mobile phones, cameras, video, sound or image recorders, personal digital assistants and other electrical communication devices shall be posted at the entry gates. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.
- Use of global positioning systems, including without limitation transponder and/or receiver equipment, or similar positioning, tracking or measurement devices shall not be permitted at the Walker Cup.
- When asking for autographs, you must always respect the players, other spectators, the Walker Cup officials, marshals and/or security personnel. Unless the player has given you permission, you must not solicit autographs from players outside of the designated autograph zones. Autographs obtained at the Walker Cup must not be used for any commercial purpose.
- Rules governing pets will be posted on our website (www.randa.org), as will our list of items which are not permitted at the Walker Cup. In addition any item which in the reasonable opinion of The R&A could potentially harm, or cause alarm to, attendees at the Walker Cup will not be allowed at the Walker Cup.
- It will be considered by us to be a breach of these terms and conditions if you have at the Walker Cup any objects or clothing bearing commercial identification which The R&A have reason to believe is intended for "ambush marketing" or other unauthorised promotional purposes. We reserve the right to take appropriate action against anyone that we consider to be involved in "ambush marketing".
- Where you, through your negligence or intentional or reckless act, cause damage or loss to The R&A or to any property at the Walker Cup (including, without limitation, the course or any equipment or facilities), you will be responsible for compensating the person who has suffered the loss or damage.
- You may be removed from, or refused access to, the Walker Cup if, in the reasonable opinion of The R&A, your behaviour is, or could be considered to be dangerous, offensive, a nuisance or annoying to other spectators, players, the Walker Cup officials, marshals and/or security personnel. For example, if you appear to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or are acting aggressively, or if you fail to obey any conditions of use, posted signs or instructions of the Walker Cup officials, marshals and/or security personnel. If you are refused admission to the Walker Cup under these circumstances you will be entitled to a full refund for your ticket. If you are removed from the Walker Cup under these circumstances after gaining entry you will not be entitled to a refund of your ticket price.
H. Junior Tickets
- We reserve the right to request the holder of a pre-booked "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket, or any person seeking to obtain a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket at the entry gate, to provide verification of their age and to refuse entry on using a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket if verification of their age is not provided on request.
- Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are the Junior's parent or guardian, you consent to these terms and conditions applying to your child. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are not their parent or guardian, you must obtain the consent of the child's parent or guardian for these terms and conditions to apply to such child. In each circumstance you are responsible for the supervision of that child during the event and for ensuring that they comply with these terms and conditions.
I. General Ticketing Conditions
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- In agreeing to these terms and conditions and attending the Walker Cup, you consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded for television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience and/or, for security purposes, by any CCTV cameras and recordings at the Walker Cup. You also agree that we can utilise your image or likeness or the image or likeness of a member of your party in, or incidental to, any photograph or live or recorded television or in any other type of transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, and that you shall not be entitled to any compensation or credit. This may include use of footage and images for marketing purposes. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are their parent or guardian, you consent to their images being taken and used in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are not their parent or guardian, you must obtain the consent of the child's parent or guardian for the images of such child to be taken and used in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph.
- If you are resident within the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the law of the country within the European Union in which you are resident and any dispute arising under this contract shall be referred to the relevant courts having authority in that country. If you are not resident in the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any disputes relating to that contract shall be decided in the Scottish Courts.
- All enquiries should be addressed to: The Walker Cup Ticket Office, The R&A, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9JD, Scotland, UK; Tel: + 44 (0)1334 460010; Email: Tickets@Randa.org