The R&A governs golf around the world and is at the forefront of in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society. We are looking for an experienced Corporate Communications professional, with a passion for sport, to join our Corporate Communications team.
You will support The R&A’s strategy and increase awareness of our governance work; our world class amateur and professional championships, including The Open and the AIG Women’s British Open; and our investment in developing golf worldwide.
The R&A’s purpose is to make golf more accessible, appealing and inclusive and to ensure it’s thriving 50 years from now. The Corporate Communications team is at the centre of delivering the profile to support that purpose.
As one of two corporate communications managers, reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications and part of wider team of communications professionals, your core responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Implementing The R&A’s Corporate Communications strategy with the key objective of achieving greater knowledge and understanding of the work of The R&A.
- Managing or contributing to a range of publications.
- Copywriting, editing and proofing across all platforms including working with the Digital Content manager to support the creation of digital and video content.
- Working with colleagues in planning and delivering a yearly schedule of media announcements and activity, and in support of range of stakeholder engagement activities.
- Acting as a press officer at R&A championships, providing reports and news releases and liaising with media on-site.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree level qualification in communications or a related or relevant discipline (essential).
- At least three years’ experience of working in a media, public relations or communications environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to devise and implement strategies within an agreed timeframe.
- A willingness to learn and take on new ideas.
- Self-motivated and proactive and ready to work as part of a small team.
- Good interpersonal and media-handling skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A good working knowledge of golf and a passion for sport.
This is a full-time permanent role with core hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, based in St Andrews and requiring the flexibility for out-of-hours working, and UK-wide and international travel.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your c.v. and covering letter, stating your salary expectation to Caroline Lee – email@example.com prior to the closing date of 22/02/2019.
How your information will be used:
If you have any questions about The R&A’s use of your data, please contact us.