Highlights of the The Amateur and The Women’s Amateur championships are to be screened on Sky Sports this week.
Sky Sports Golf will show highlights of both prestigious championships from Monday 7 September, with various timings available through to Thursday 10 September.
Last weekend, Germany’s Aline Krauter and Joe Long from England claimed the biggest wins of their careers at West Lancashire and Royal Birkdale respectively.
Krauter won the 117th staging of The Women’s Amateur Championship after fighting back from three down after the opening four holes to defeat Englishwoman Annabell Fuller, 18, by one-hole in a dramatic 18-hole final.
The 20-year-old’s triumph at West Lancashire continued the feelgood success for German golf after Sophia Popov’s AIG Women’s Open victory at Royal Troon the previous week.
Long, 23, showed composure over the renowned links of Royal Birkdale to defeat fellow Englishman and good friend Joe Harvey in an exciting 36-hole final of The 125th Amateur Championship, winning 4&3.
Both events were safely staged behind closed doors without spectators due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, giving the international fields a chance for competition and success.
You can see the action from both championships in the one-hour highlights programmes on Sky Sports Golf throughout this week.
The full TV listings for both championships can be viewed below:
- Monday 7 September 11pm The Women's Amateur Championship
- Tuesday 8 September 8pm The Women’s Amateur Championship
- Tuesday 8 September 9pm The Amateur Championship
- Wednesday 9 September 2.30pm The Women’s Amateur Championship
- Wednesday 9 September 3.30pm The Amateur Championship
- Thursday 10 September 7am The Women’s Amateur Championship
- Thursday 10 September 8am The Amateur Championship
Please follow The R&A’s social media platforms for more information.